We are so excited to be celebrating 1 year of Girl Fit Physical Therapy!
What a year it has been!
Here are some highlights from our fun and busy first year!
- Girl Fit PT had two new PTs join Kate this year to make an even stronger team! Jen joined us in May and Christina joined us in August - both bringing with them a wealth of knowledge and experience, both as athletes and therapists!
- Girl Fit PT has been able to offer a variety of services in our Newton Studio to address the physical and mental needs of our girls.
- Girl Fit, Girl Fit Cardio, Girl Fit Flexibility & Balance
- Yoga with Amy
- Mental Skills Workshops with Kelsey
- Nutrition consultation and support with Laura
- Girl Fit PT had 42 figure skaters take part of the Summer Skate Fit program at the Skating Club of Boston! We also continue to offer off ice training during the school year.
- Girl Fit PT has been lucky to be a part of community activities too!
- We have offered education and classes at local Athletas, the JL Dance Center Un.Convention, Newton North Dance Team, and of course the Skating Club of Boston
- Kate educated other professionals at the Female Athlete Conference on how to individualize an injury prevention program for the female athlete
- We sponsored the Newton Girls Softball League
- We collaborated with Artists for Humanity, an organization that supports Boston youth, in helping us with our great t-shirts
- And beyond our Boston area, last year Kate went to China as part of US Figure Skating to provide physical therapy to athletes during the Cup of China and in a few months will be heading to Japan for the NHK Trophy!
- Girl Fit PT is growing its social butterfly skills thanks to our followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (638 and counting!). We love sharing Girl Fit PT news as well as inspiration and education with you.
- Girl Fit PT provided internship opportunities for local youth through the Newton Summer Mayor's Internship Program, as well as students from Newton North High School, Nobles High School, and Dean College, and a cooperative position with Northeastern University. We look forward to offering clinical education opportunities to PT students in the coming year!
- Girl Fit PT has been able to work with girls from all sorts of sports: figure skating, dancing, gymnastics, lacrosse, golf, swimming, basketball, softball, volleyball, track, soccer, and more.
- And of course our biggest accomplishment: being privileged enough to be a part of YOUR journey - toward you getting stronger, more flexible, and more confident to help you get back on your way to following your dreams!